Monday, December 1, 2008

Make-up trial

I had my make-up trial with Sam from Girly Junk. Although she is a little hard to get a hold of and hard to lock in a time for a trial she is awesome. Judging from how many times she has had to switch my trial around to accommodate brides and their changing needs I am certain that on the day of my wedding she will go to great lengths to make sure everything is perfect.

I told her I liked the smokey eye look. I don't wear anything on my lips typically, so I told her to keep it simple. I also have really weird eye lids that fold up a bit, so any time I put any eye make up on I end up with creases and my eye make-up looks like crap. She put fake lashes on me to see how I liked them, even though she said they were completely unnecessary since I have naturally long eyelashes anyway.

Overall I liked the look a lot. I am going to nix the fake eyelashes and lighten up the eyes. The make-up lasted all night and didn't crease at all so I was very satisfied. Sam was SUPER quick--I think the trial was about 35 minutes tops. Here are the pics. Let me know what you think. *DISCLAIMER* I had braces put on a few months back and I think they look absolutely horrible. Also, because of the braces they needed to pull one of my front teeth (the 3rd one over from the front) so when I smile you can see the missing tooth a bit. I've sworn off smiling until the wedding when the braces are off and I am not missing a tooth.


7 comments:

Katelyn said...

I really like it! and the color will look really good with your dress. I agree with nixing the fakes and toning down the eyes. I know what you mean with the folding eye lid thing since my eyes do that too, and it's annoying when you almost can't see the makeup you put on your eyes, so definitely make sure she doesn't tone it down too much!

Anonymous said...

Your make up looks amazing! How are you doing your hair? Do you know yet?

Ambaa said...

You look fantastic (except for the not smiling part, but I understand!)

By the way, I was born in Waltham. MA is the best.

man-bear-pig said...

Well...the hair thing has been an issue. Right now my hair is probably 4-5 inches past my shoulders. I originally bought a birdcage veil that I don't think I am going to wear anymore. I was planning to wear my hair in a low/loose ponytail to the side and side swept bangs and curl the pony. However, I just bought a new veil yesterday and it's a bubble veil so I don;t think my hair will look good like that. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Your makeup looks gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Your makeup is amazing and you are gorgeous!

man-bear-pig said...

Aww thanks girls!