Monday, October 13, 2008

Accomodations=Accommodations HUGE MISTAKE #1

If you look at my inserts below you will notice I spelled 'accommodations' incorrectly. Pretty sweet that I realized this when I was standing in line at Staples right before I was about to get all 65 pages of inserts professionally cut. What is NOT SWEET is that I wasted 65 pieces of linen paper and pretty much half an ink cartridge printing out misspelled inserts. If you read one of my below posts you would know that when printing my inserts I put my printer on 'maximum DPI' print setting which prints at a very high resolution, except that it takes about 5 minutes per sheet of paper. 65 x 5 mins=5.5 hours or so WASTED on printing something that I ended up in the recycle bin.

My fiance will not let me live this one down. He knows I am a spelling Nazi, so he thought it was funny that myself nor spell check picked up on this HUGE mistake.

How did spell check not pick this up, you ask? Well, I used 2 text boxes when making the insert. 1 text box I made like 2 weeks ago and then I went back and did text box #2 yesterday. 1 text box that said 'accommodations' and another text box with the actual pertinent information about the accommodations. Before I printed I ran spell check, but I forgot that I actually had 2 text boxes and I only ran spell check on the first on. Hence, the reason why spell check never picked it up.

In hindsight it could have been way, way, way worse. I could have had them all cut at Staples which would have been a waste of about $10, taped them onto my cover stock and wasted about 60 pages of cover stock ($16 or so). Or even worse---MAILED THEM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! All-in-all, not a very bad mistake. Crisis averted.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I would have NEVER noticed that lol, so mine would have gone out wrong. At least you caught it in time :)