Monday, October 20, 2008

Another invitations post...

So, over the weekend I had a bit of free time, which never typically happens. I managed to finish all my taping and stuffing. I still have to figure out a way to make my RSVPs without using another 100 pieces of paper or so. I am making individual RSVPs with each guests' name instead of a generic 'fill-in-the-blank' type of RSVP.

I cannot figure out for the life of me how to tackle my RSVPs. I am using publisher for everything else so I kinda want to stick with MS Publisher. I want to be able to print 4-6 RSVPs per sheet of paper. It would be easy if I was printing the exact same thing, then I could just switch the # of copies per sheet, but I want to be able to change the guest's name in each one.

Basically I am trying to figure out how to duplicate the RSVP 6 times on the piece of paper and be able to go in, change the guest's name on the RSVP, add the crop and bleed marks and print them out. I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT!! I will welcome any help.

2 comments:

Robin said...

What about doing some kind of mail merge in microsoft word? you could use the print labels function and just chose one of the larger formats?

HTH!

man-bear-pig said...

Thanks robin! Someone on the Knot informed me exactly how to do it. Mail merge never crossed my mind when trying to figure it out. She sent me step by step instructions. Thanks for reading my blog!