Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Double sided tape

Yes, you might think it's ridiculous that I am posting about double sided tape, but I thought it was necessary. I have 120 invitations to make. And no, I cannot use glue-dots for this, otherwise I would. Thanks to everyone who insisted I used glue dots, but they look like shit.

Thing I need to tape:

  • 120 5.5 x 5.5 invitation mats (green card stock) to metallic pocketfold
  • 120 5.25 x 5.25 invitations to invitation mat
  • directions insert (text weight ivory linen paper) to card stock backing
  • accommodations insert (text weight ivory linen paper) to card stock backing
  • RSVP (text weight ivory linen paper) to card stock backing
So far I have taped all 120 invitations mats to the pocketfolds and taped about 70 directions inserts to the card stock backing and I've used 8 friggen rolls of tape. I will, at minimum, need another 15-20 rolls of tape to finish. So far I've bought all the tape at the dollar store close to my house, but now they're sold out and will not reorder it for me. I've gone to 4 other dollar stores and nothing.

Every single other place I have looked it costs like $3.50 a roll. I refuse to pay that much for effin TAPE, especially since I need like 15-20 more rolls. I don't care what brand of tape it is. I just need double sided tape for less than $2.50 a roll. I think I am going to go to Target today and see if they have some.

It's starting to get annoying. I think I've spent more money on gas trying to look for cheap tape than I would have if I just sucked it up and paid the extra money to buy the damn expensive tape. Oh well.

No comments: