Friday, October 24, 2008

I LOVE YOU, mail merge tool

Because I am anal about these invitations and I have convinced myself I am not going to have anyone RSVP with an extra uninvited yest guest I have decided to make individual RSVPs. Each couple will have an RSVP with their actual names on it. There's going to be no fill-in-the-blanks with your flavor of the week or adding your 2 year old brat child to the guest list. None of that. The names on the RSVP are the names of the people that are invited to the wedding. NO ONE ELSE.

After making that decision a long time ago, I knew tackling them would be another story. In my own mind I thought it was going to be the easiest thing ever. Make a template of what I wanted it to look like and then throw each guests name in. Print them out one by one and, tada, I would be done. Yea...not so much.

I didn't want to use 120 different pieces of paper when I could get by on 40 or so. Killing innocent trees just to finish these invitations would be wrong. I put a post up on P&E on The Knot and a wonderful woman "Terribridelee" gave me step by step instructions on how to mail merge. This saved me hours of work and about 50 pieces of cardstock. Thanks, Terri, you ROCK!

Once I have more time on my hands I will post step by step instructions with screen shots so everyone will know how to do it.

No comments: