Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Centerpieces

Now that the wedding is a bit closer I actually have to start thinking about details: specifically, flowers. Originally when I went to the florist I had cylinder vases in mind with submerged cybidium orchids. She quoted me $80 per centerpiece. We need something like 15-20 of them which comes out to wayyyy more than I want to spend on centerpieces.

I got a hold of the florist yesterday and she said she would but the price down to $50 a piece if I provided her with the vases I wanted. Now I am on the hunt for cylinder vases. I think I am going to settle with finding various heights and doing different centerpieces on each table. I want the vases on the taller side, so around 20"+. If anyone is selling vases please let me know.


Some of the pics I like:

2 comments:

Meg said...

I don't know if you are still looking for vases but, there is a girl on the Cincinnati board selling some.

Anonymous said...

These centerpieces are great - so simple and elegant. I don't know if you solved this dilemma, but you can very easily make these yourself. They sell cylinder vases at Save-on-Crafts in bulk, and FiftyFlowers has cymbidium orchids. Granted, the orchids are pricey ($200+ for 10) - but if you bought everything, altogether, these centerpieces would cost you half what the florist is charging you! Good luck! (Here's some links!)

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/cylindervases.html
http://www.fiftyflowers.com/flowers/AllFlowersOrchidsCymbidium_131.htm