Monday, September 29, 2008

Printing the invites and taping the invitation mats

Yesterday was a shitty Sunday with a whole bunch of rain. Luckily, neither Paul or myself had to work so we spent the day inside doing wedding related thing. Last week I designed my invites and ordered some new ink to start printing them. I have a pretty good printer (HP photosmart 7660) so I was pretty confident that the prints would come out good. The ink I ordered last week finally came in the mail after being mis-delivered after I put the wrong zip code when inputting my address. Oh well.

Anyway, I wanted the invites to come out good so I set my printer on the best quality print. I printed 130 copies on Neenah ivory linen text-weight paper. When I set the print on best quality my PC said that the printing would take longer than normal, so I timed it. Each print=5 minutes. 5 minutes X 130 copies=650 minutes=10.8 hours. I started printing at around 2 pm yesterday afternoon and when I went to bed at 11 it was STILL PRINTING. I woke up and everything was all done. Tonight, I get to print 130 directions inserts. Awesome.

Paul was a nice fiance and helped tape the invitation mats to the pocketfolds. It didn't take nearly as much time as I thought it would. Tonight I plan on bringing the printed invitations to Kinko's and have them cut to 5x5 squares to save me a bunch of time. I will post pics once they're finished.

No comments: