Thursday, September 11, 2008

The invites

After much convincing from lurking other people's bios on the knot I decided that I would make my own invitations. I was dead set on making pocketfolds because they are just so pretty! :o) I am no where close to being complete, but here is what I have so far.
I bought metallic bronze 5 3/4 X 5 3/4 pocketfolds from envelopperinc.com. Contrary to what people say on the knot, cardsandpockets.com is NOT the cheapest place to get pocketfolds. I paid 1.29 a piece for these. The monogram tags consist of the kaleidoscope gold pattern metallic cardstock from envelopments.com. This paper was a bit more expensive than I wanted, but it's beautiful. I think it was 1.25 a sheet and then $12 to ship or so. I have about 15 pieces left if anyone wants to buy it from me.

I printed the actual monogram on ivory linen text weight paper and used double sided tape to stick it on the metallic card stock. I used Zots to stick the tags on to the ribbon and more Zots to secure the ribbon belly band around the actual invite.

I still haven't started any of the inserts.

If you have any questions feel free to page me on the Boston, June 09, or Planning and Etiquette board.





1 comment:

Welcome to Random Babblings & Stuff ! said...

The fun part is going to be doing the middle! Wooo