Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wedding band(s)

We are tight with the guys that own Hannoush jewelers which is pretty sweet. Paul bought my E-ring for about half of what it retailed for in the store. The appraisal is also about 3k more than he paid for it so if I accidentally lose, ahem, decide to make earrings out of the diamonds, I will make money off the ring. I am obviously just kidding.


My engagement is custom made which basically means to find a wedding band that fits around the diamond and has the exact same setting it needs to be custom made too. I originally bought a band which looked nice around the ring but it didn't exactly 'hug' my engagement ring the way I wanted it to.

Since Paul is the greatest guy ever, on the tax free holiday a few weeks ago he paid a visit back to the jewelers and had a band made that was my exact setting. I decided that it would be best if I got 2 bands to fit around both sides. I know, 2 bands, I am really not spoiled at all. The jeweler happily exchanged my old band that I bought for the 2 new custom-made bands. I am in love.


We finally got both of them back fro the jeweler last week and they look awesome. Here's a pic. It's kind of blurry. For some reason my camera sucks at taking close-up pictures. You get the point.

No comments: