Monday, September 8, 2008

We finally booked our honeymoon

The honeymoon has probably been the hardest part of the planning process yet. I refuse to go anywhere I've been before, so that sorta rules out a lot of places people typically go for honeymoons--I've lived in Spain and while I was there I pretty much traveled to all of the major European countries so that was out. I've been to Morocco and Gibraltar. My best friend was born and raised in St. Thomas and her parents still live on the island so St. Thomas and all of the surrounding islands were automatically out of the question since I've been there between 8-10 times in the past 6 years (St. Thomas, St. John, Jost Van Dyke, Tortola, St. Croix, Puerto Rico, etc.). I've been to the Atlantis on Paradise Island and really, unless you're hammered for 5 days straight, it's really nothing to brag about.

Initially, Paul was dead set on staying at an all-inclusive resort. After researching all-inclusives I came to realize that most of them were centralized in the Caribbean, the Bahamas, and Mexico. I won't even list all the reasons why I never want to go to Mexico. We'll just leave it at that.

We looked into Fiji a bit and apparently June is their winter, so beach conditions aren't ideal. If we were putting off our honeymoon till winter Fiji is where we would be going. No questions asked.

And then I discovered Bali. The second I saw this place I knew it was where we were going. The hard part was trying to convince Paul that Bali was where he wanted to go too. I had my heart set on it for a good 2 months and after another 2 months of convincing, Paul decided it was where he wanted to go too. Mind you, in my attempts to convince, I left some of the major points out of the argument (i.e. 40 hours of travel time, including a 15 hour plane ride from NYC to Seoul followed by a 12 hour layover, insane mosquitoes, and the need for a Typhoid Fever immunization shot.)

Either way, we are staying at http://www.thevillas.net/ and I couldn't be happier. We have our own private villa accompanied by our own private pool and butler and concierge service for 10 nights.

We are getting married on a Saturday and not leaving till Monday night. Our flight consists of 3 legs: Boston to NYC which is only about 45 minutes. A 2 hour layover in NYC followed by a 15 hour plane ride to Seoul, Korea. Then a 12 hour layover in Seoul, which there was absolutely no way of avoiding. After our 12 hour layover we get to jump on another plane for 7 hours from Seoul to the wonderful island of Bali!

These are some pics of the hotel:




1 comment:

Welcome to Random Babblings & Stuff ! said...

So freaking jealous its not even funny... grrrr
you two deserve it though